Player Registration for Winter 2019/20
Opens August 9th
We are happy to announce our New Website and Logo
Live on August 8th.
We will be tweaking as we go so if you have suggestions or changes you
would like to see your feedback is welcome.
*RGSA members please
disregard and have players register on the RGSA
Players may click on
the Registration link and register using the key code provided at the end of
this email. Also included in this email is your login and password for your
ADMIN LOGIN access.
•The cost for
registering a player is $50.00. Online credit card payment and e-transfer
payment is available. Please keep in
mind that we have gone to a cashless office for safety reasons.
ID Cards –The ID cards are
to be downloaded from your team page onto your phone or tablet for viewing by
the referee at the field. The download will include all paid player ID’s along
with the coach ID’s. You will be able to download the ID cards once the
schedule is complete and the player has paid the registration fee. If you
don’t see the player on your roster and they say they have registered they
probably haven’t paid yet or did not hit finished on their registration and
will need to log back in and complete it by hitting finished and paying for the
To download the ID
cards, you will need to log in with your coach/manager login,
click on team pages,
go to the schedule on your team page and on
the far right beside the Match Reports (MR) and Rosters you will see Cards.
Click on cards to download.
Click on Roster to download and print. Roster will only be viewable 6 days before a
game. Both ID Cards and Rosters have discipline info on them so will need to be
current each week with the game day info on them.
The first card that
will come up in the download will include the scheduled game details. The cards will need to be downloaded for each
game. Should any of your players receive
a Red Card the ID card will appear still but will have Red Card stamped across
it until the game suspensions are completed.
Two printed copies
of the MWSL Roster/Team lists are still required for the referee when requested
prior to the match commencing along with the ID card download.
Players can play for
6 days after they register online with their email confirmation and picture
ID. If not paid by the 7th day your
registration may be cancelled, and you and your team may face large fines if
you choose to play. Unpaid players are
Schedule – All
Teams must be prepared to play all scheduled games including make-up weekends
as laid out in the integrated cup schedule. First weekend of play is Sept 6th,
Schedule Tentative round robin dates for cup play are Nov 15-17, Jan 17-19 and
Divisions – New
teams to the league have been placed in the Divisions we had room in, and I am
still working on some adjustments in some of the divisions so there may still
be some changes.
I suggest you copy
and paste the following instructions to send to your players:
Player registration for Fall/Winter soccer is open. Use your Fall login and
Password and click Player registration at www.mwsl.com. If you can't remember
your password use the forgot password function on the player registration page.
Once you have logged in, fill out the online form. You must first enter in the
key code. (Please provide your players the key code included) If you are new to
the league or do not have a photo uploaded on your profile then add an ID photo
when the form prompts you.
The photo is for
your ID card so head shots ONLY are required with no sunglasses or
hats or group photos. If you played last year the uploaded photo will carry
over to this year’s card. Change the photo if you are wearing a hat or
sunglasses, or the photo is too small and not appropriate for an ID card. No
group photos. Click finished when you have completed the form.
Looking forward to
the beginning of a new season! Please be sure to check our website regularly
MWSL League Manager
NEW : Soccer for the New Player
Due to the overwhelming response to the recent Intro to Soccer Program and in an effort to interest and attract future players to the beautiful game the Metro Women’s Soccer League will introduce a new program for the 2019 - 20 Winter season.
The program will run weekly, consist of a pre-game warm-up followed by a game where participants will learn about FIFA Laws of the Game (rules), positions, formations and terminology. The intent is for participants to have fun, add a healthy activity to lifestyle and develop a greater understanding of the game.
The program will run from mid-September to mid-November (8 to 10 weeks).
Those already involved in soccer are also invited in order to get on the field more and get more touches on the ball.
Please share or pass this along to anyone that might be interested. More information to come soon regarding start date, field location, day and time. Once details confirmed registration will be open and you will all receive an email from the MWSL that registration is now open.
Anyone interested please email the MWSL at email@example.com so that we can add you to the email list and provide further information on this program.
Fall 2019/20 Team Registration
Team Registration Opens Sunday June 9, 2019 and Closes on Wednesday July 31, 2019
NEW THIS YEAR – Risk Management
Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Managers and any Team Staff Requirements:
Criminal Record Checks (CRC) are now required for all Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Managers, and any team staff participating in the MWSL. The results of the CRC are to be reported to the MWSL by the BC Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check Review Program, an organization approved by both the MWSL and BC Soccer. We are awaiting the delivery of our access code for MWSL from www.bceid.ca and will send out a further communication once received.
Ø Criminal Record Check
Ø Current (within the last year) staff photo on file
Ø Acknowledgement of the Coaches Code of Conduct
All team staff will be required to login into their profile and submit all three of these requirements. Staff ID will not appear in the summary of ID cards until this is completed and staff will not be permitted on the field. An Email will be sent out once your team registration is complete to the Coaches/Assistant Coaches, Managers and any team staff reminding them to login into their profile to complete the new requirements.
Please make sure all your contact information is correct and that you have included up to three team contacts in your entry form. Be sure to advise team contacts of the new CRC requirements prior to submitting the entry form to the league.
It is the responsibility of every volunteer who wishes to perform the duties of coach, assistant coach or team manager to ensure that the risk management policy be completed prior to starting these duties. Criminal Record Checks are considered valid for 3 years and volunteers must ensure they have a valid CRC on file with our Risk Management Coordinator at the start of each season.
The following providers and checks are acceptable as a minimum:
• RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) – Criminal Record Check
• Local municipal police department – Criminal Record Check
• Criminal Records Review Program – Criminal Record Check (“working with adults” must be selected)
• Sterling Backcheck’s Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC)
Fall Team Fees
· $375 Returning team from fall 2018/19 season or 2019 spring season
· $375 New Team + Performance Bond
· $100 Performance Bond (All new teams joining the League must pay a refundable bond)
· $50 player registration if player (ID cards will be downloaded from the website)
To register go to www.mwsl.com and click on register and fill out the 2019/20 winter team registration online form. Please make sure all your contact info is correct and that you have included 3 team contacts in your entry form.
· E-transfer your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org (Question: What is the best sport in the world? Answer: Soccer).
o If you choose this option please reply to this email identifying the date the transfer was completed. Include team name and division.
· Credit Card (Visa & Mastercard) online
Your Team Registration will be complete when Payment is made and all outstanding fees and fines from the previous year have been paid.
Promotion and Relegation:
· Promotion and relegation goes by last year’s standings so if your team was first or last in their group be prepared to be move. Teams that have been promoted or relegated have been emailed.
· When registering your team please select the division that you were in last season and the system will move you into the correct division.
Rules and Regulations:
Please read the operating rules entirely including rescheduling and game default rules. The operating rules can be found under League Docs on the website.
Drop Day Deadline:
· Any team that withdraws its registration after August 1st will forfeit both its team registration fee and its performance bond to the league. Cut-off for submission to withdraw will be 11:59 pm, last day to withdraw. No exceptions will be made for submissions after this cut-off. Teams submitting to withdraw prior to the last day to cut-off will receive a full refund of both team fee and performance bond.
Late Team Registration:
Teams must be registered by Wednesday, July 31st and payment must be received in the League office by August 2nd. If teams are not registered by July 31st a $100 late fee will be charged to any new or returning team who wish to register after that date.
· Games are mainly scheduled Friday to Sunday. New and existing teams must obtain a field on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. (All games must end by 6pm on Saturdays)
· There are no games on Thanksgiving weekend.
· Dec 15th is the last day for teams to notify Leslie at email@example.com that you can’t field a team for the February Family day weekend.
· Games will be scheduled on the November 11th weekend. Notify your players of this so you are not short players that weekend.
· If your team has a special request for a field or home game day you must put that on your registration in order to have your request considered. The league will do our best to accommodate requests, but we cannot guarantee anything. Please do not email requests in after you register, it must be on your registration.
Dates to remember:
· Fall season will start on Friday Sept. 6th, 2019. *All teams will be expected to field a team by this date*
· Individual player registrations will begin in August; I will send an email when it is open that will include your team key code and instructions.
· Dec 15th is the last day for teams to notify Leslie the scheduler that you can’t field a team for the February Family day weekend.
· November 11th weekend there will be games scheduled. Notify your players of this so you are not short players that weekend.
Once all teams have registered the league will review the teams that have registered, and the groups will be made. The groups and schedule will be posted online when it is completed, a few weeks into August.
MWSL League Manager
Spring 2019 Team Registration
Team Registration is open - March 4th, 2019 and will end March 29th, 2019.
Spring Team Fees
$175 Returning Spring team that played fall
$250 New Spring Team or Returning Spring only team
$100 New Team Bond to MWSL
$30 Player registration if player did not play fall soccer or is playing on a second team
$20 Player registration for players who played Fall 2018/19
Spring League starts April 29th, 2019. There are 8 scheduled games in spring league with no games played May long weekend, May 17-20
If you are going to register a team for Spring 2019 you must make sure you are going to have enough players to field a team for the 8 games that your team will be scheduled to play. We do not reschedule games in our spring league, but default rules still apply. Please see schedule of fines for default info.
Games are scheduled Monday to Friday. New and existing Teams must obtain a field between Monday and Friday evening after 7pm.
We have Divisions 1 through 4, Premier, Selects and Classics and possibly an over 40’s division if we get enough interest in the Spring League. If your team is interested in playing over 40’s please email me so I can track how many we have. We would need 6 teams to put the division together.
Classics - Teams that played in the Classics Division 1 and the top 7 teams in Classic div 2 are asked to go into the open divisions for spring this year as the classics spring division that is offered is made up of classics division 3 and 4, we want to keep the competition in that division fair. Should I receive enough interest in a classics spring division for Classics Division 1 and the top 7 teams in Division 2 and the travel time for week day games is reasonable for teams we can look at adding that division.
Teams must be registered by Friday March 29, 2019 and payment must be received in the League office by Monday April 1, 2019. Please note our payment methods.
· Credit Card Online
· E-transfer your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org (Question: What is the best sport in the world? Answer: Soccer). If you choose this option, please reply to this email identifying the date the transfer was completed.
Fields - If your team has a special request for a field, division or home game day you must put that on your registration to have your request considered. The league will do our best to accommodate requests, but we cannot guarantee anything. Please do not email requests in after you register, it must be on your registration.
Important dates to remember:
March 29th - Midnight-Deadline Team Registration is OVER
April 1st -Team Fees Due
April 2nd - Player Registration is online
April 1st - Drop day, any team that drops after this date will not get their team registration fees back.
MWSL League Manager
Copyright © Spappz Sports Applications, All Rights Reserved. 2000-2018 - Spappz v0.9
(0)View Mode: responsive (Switch to widescreen)