Fall 2021/22 Team Registration
In anticipation of the Return to Sport Restart and the scheduled BC re-opening to phase 4 by September the MWSL will be opening Team Registration on Wednesday, July 1, 2021, and closing on Friday, July 31, 2021. Player Registration will then open in August (date TBD).
We are asking all teams to register in the division they were in the past season, should you have any issues with the placement of your team please make comments in the notes section of your registration (do not send a separate email). We will deal with each of those requests individually but cannot guarantee any change or move to another division. Please keep in mind that everyone has been away from soccer so we will all be in the same boat as we get back out on the field and get a touch on the ball again.
The League is open to putting together an over 40’s division should your team be interested in that division please indicate your interest in the notes section of your team registration. If we have enough teams, we will put on an over 40’s division.
Fall Team Fees
· $375 Returning team from fall 2019/20 and 2020/2021 season.
· $375 New Team + Performance Bond.
· $100 Performance Bond (All new teams joining the League must pay a refundable bond).
· $50 player registration if player (ID cards will be downloaded from the website).
To register go to www.mwsl.com and click on register and fill out the 2021/22 winter team registration online form. Please make sure all your contact info is correct and that you have included 3 team contacts in your entry form.
· E-transfer your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org (Question: What is the best sport in the world? Answer: Soccer).
o If you choose the e-transfer option, please reply to this email identifying the date the transfer was completed. Include team name and division.
· Credit Card (Visa & Mastercard) online
Your Team Registration will be complete when payment is made and all outstanding fees and fines from the previous year have been paid.
Promotion and Relegation:
· Promotion and relegation goes by 2019/20’s standings so if your team was first or last in their group be prepared to be move. Teams that have been promoted or relegated have been emailed.
· When registering your team please select the division that you were in last season and the system will move you into the correct division.
Rules and Regulations:
Please read the operating rules entirely including rescheduling and game default rules. The operating rules can be found under rules section on the website.
Drop Day Deadline:
Any team that withdraws its registration after August 1st will forfeit both its team registration fee and its performance bond to the league. Cut-off for submission to withdraw will be 11:59 pm, last day to withdraw. No exceptions will be made for submissions after this cut-off. Teams submitting to withdraw prior to the last day to cut-off will receive a full refund of both team fee and performance bond.
Late Team Registration:
Teams must be registered by Wednesday, July 31st and payment must be received in the League office by August 2nd. If teams are not registered by July 31st a $100 late fee will be charged to any new or returning team who wish to register after that date.
· Games are mainly scheduled Friday to Sunday. New and existing teams must obtain a field on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. (All games must end by 6pm on Saturdays)
· There are no games on Thanksgiving weekend.
· Dec 15th is the last day for teams to notify Leslie at email@example.com that you cannot field a team for the February Family Day weekend.
· Games will be scheduled on the November 11th weekend. Notify your players of this so you are not short players that weekend.
· If your team has a special request for a field or home game day you must put that on your team registration in order to have your request considered. The League will do our best to accommodate requests, but we cannot guarantee anything. Please do not email requests in after you register, it must be on your registration.
Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Managers, and any Team Staff Requirements:
Criminal Record Checks (CRC) are required for all Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Managers, and any team staff participating in the MWSL. The results of the CRC are to be reported to the MWSL by the BC Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check Review Program, an organization approved by both the MWSL and BC Soccer. Further info can be found on the website under rules.
Ø Criminal Record Check
Ø Current (within the last year) staff photo on file
Ø Acknowledgement of the Coaches Code of Conduct
All team staff will be required to login into their profile and submit all three of these requirements. Staff ID will not appear in the summary of ID cards until this is completed and staff will not be permitted on the field.
Please make sure all your contact information is correct and that you have included up to three team contacts in your entry form. Be sure to advise team contacts of the new CRC requirements prior to submitting the entry form to the League.
It is the responsibility of every volunteer who wishes to perform the duties of coach, assistant coach, or team manager to ensure that the risk management policy be completed prior to starting these duties. Criminal Record Checks are considered valid for 3 years and volunteers must ensure they have a valid CRC on file with our Risk Management Coordinator at the start of each season.
The following providers and checks are acceptable as a minimum:
• RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) – Criminal Record Check
• Local municipal police department – Criminal Record Check
• Criminal Records Review Program – Criminal Record Check (“working with adults” must be selected)
• Sterling Back check’s Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC)
Dates to remember:
· Fall season scheduled to start on Friday Sept. 10th, 2021. *All teams will be expected to field a team by this date*
· Individual player registrations will begin in August; I will send an email when it is open that will include your team key code and instructions.
· Dec 15th is the last day for teams to notify Leslie the scheduler that you can’t field a team for the February Family Day weekend.
· November 11th weekend there will be games scheduled. Notify your players of this so you are not short players that weekend.
Once all teams have registered the League will review the teams that have registered, and the groups will be made. The groups and schedule will be posted online when it is completed, and we have confirmed that we can get back to playing.
MWSL League Manager
Coaches and Managers
The MWSL has
been waiting to see what happens with the current restrictions in place by the
Provincial Health Order, in hopes that we could continue with the fall mini
season. Without a set date for when restrictions will be lifted, our field
contracts ending, and the end of the fall season nearing its end date of March
31st we have had to make the difficult decision to cancel all remaining games
from the fall mini season.
received some questions regarding refunds. As was indicated in our email out to
all team contacts on September 17, 2020, teams that chose to participate in the
fall mini season would not be able to get a refund if the season was halted or
cancelled. Teams had the choice to opt in if they felt that the terms of
playing were acceptable. Once the League committed to preparing a season for
our members, we brought back staff to initiate the season which involved costs
(payment to BC Soccer for teams and players, scheduling of games and referees,
and administrative costs) that are not refundable to us which then becomes
non-refundable to our members.
We all hoped
that circumstances would allow the fall mini season to be played out but
unfortunately that is not the case.
your support and patience.
and healthy, and hopefully we can get back to the game we all love.